Thursday 19 April 2012

Wall Decor

Recently I have been trying to find some lovely paintings or prints for my bedroom walls, as they are blank at the moment, but haven't been able to find anything. So today I thought, why not paint my own? 



For my first set of paintings I decided to take inspiration from the Chanel No.5 perfume bottle. I bought two plain white medium sized thick canvases. I drew on the outline of the Chanel No.5 perfume bottle and then painted it. I decided to paint one light pink and the other light blue as these colours both match my duvet cover. Although it may not be as good as proper paintings, I don't think it turned out too badly. 



For my second set of paintings I took inspiration from the zigzag shape and used it in a different way on three different canvases. I bought three, white, small, thin, canvases. I ruled on one zigzag in a V shape on the first one and then painted the top half light blue, the bottom half light pink and the zigzag light lime green. These colours don't clash and match my duvet cover as well. For the second one I did three zigzags across the canvase and painted them hot pink. I then painted the backgroud light blue. For the third one I did one fat zigzag down the middle and painted it bright blue. Then painted the background lime green. I think they all are quite cute and suit my room perfectly. 



This is a lovely way to save some money and update your room. The good thing about art is that it doesn't have to be perfect, some of the best artworks can come from people making mistakes. So why not paint something for your own room :)

xxx
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment